Thursday 15 May 2008

To market

Yesterday Jack and I went to St Albans on the train and had a lovely time. I hadn't really planned it but wednesdays are market day (huzzah!) and they were cracker. Talk about giving your eyes a treat. You could buy anything: olives, fish, fabric, pillows, clothes, bread, toys, books, shoes, fruit and veg, garden equipment, plants, flowers. Anything. It was great fun and good people watching for jack.

I bought some fabric and some green olives with lemon and tarragon (thought I'd give my tastebuds a treat too) and I bought an enormous brownie for s though not sure why as he doesn't really like chocolate.
Also had a look at the shops (mmm...waterstones bookshop) and visited the library. V. busy. Much busier than the village. A very successful day but by the end jack was tired and my legs were worn down to stumps. Was worried the stroller would topple over with the weight of
shopping.

No comments: