Monday 31 August 2009

More Macarons

Today I went to a friend's house for morning tea and knowing that she is a keen foodie decided that I should make macarons, or more specifically the raspberry and white chocolate ones from gourmet traveller. Foolhardy really considering that my friend is the meringue whisperer but there you go. I made them yesterday then assembled them this morning after I made my raspberry and white chocolate ganache (note to self next time make sure that raspberries are defrosted). They are okay, but I'm certainly not getting a job in Laduree anytime soon. They turned out much bigger than they needed to be and I don't like the piping marks

but I still managed to eat one before being diverted by the chocolate and hazelnut biscuits that my friend made. Delicious.
Jack must have thought so too because while Lisey and I chatted (for more than two minutes - a new record for mothers of small children) I noticed that the kids had become very quiet- too quiet - suspiciously so. And so I went to investigate and found that Jack had dragged a chair up to the kitchen bench and had helped himself to a biscuit or two (and one for Lisey's daughter). When we walked in they were sitting at the dining table munching happily (and quietly) away. Did I mention they'd already eaten chocolate cupcakes?

1 comment:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

How cute and nice that he shared the biscuits too!