Thursday 28 April 2011

gelati

chai gelato (behind) and honey and ginger (front)

When we arrived in Bermagui I breathed a huge sigh of relief. There was the fisherman's co-op of course (fresh fish squeeee!) but there was also a patisserie and a gelati 'clinic'.
We soon became regular visitors and I got to agonise over which flavours I should put together.
This gelato is the real thing, no pretend flavours and every time we went there were new flavours to chose from (not that Jack noticed as he either went with chocolate or stracciatella - choc chip).
I tried nocciola (hazelnut), stracciatella, guinness chocolate, chili chocolate, chocolate, chai and my favourite honey and ginger which was amazing. This was over a week mind you, not just in one sitting. I'm disappointed that I didn't get to try the rhubarb - such a beautiful colour.
We are all looking forward to going back to try more.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: