Tuesday 21 June 2011

Cake Pops!

Last Sunday it was Professor Pant's (aka Jeannie) birthday. I wanted to make her something yummy for a work morning tea but couldn't decide what and then I saw a pic of cake pops and I knew they were perfect. I had seen cakepops on bakerella's blog. Hers are fabulously detailed and very impressive. I was going for something simpler. While I say simpler it did seem to be a long process as I baked cakes, then blitzed them in the blender, added frosting, formed them into balls, 'sticked' them, froze them

nude pops!

and then dipped them in melted chocolate and sprinkles. The dipping was tricky as the chocolate (and I use that term loosely) was quite thick especially after I added the pink colouring. Quite a few pops dropped off into the chocolate or fell apart so I put those aside for us to sample later.

discards - yum

I think I finally got the hang of them by the time I dipped the last four.

freezer pops

Jeans was very excited though so it was worth the effort. The pops were accompanied by honey joys and rice bubble slice and cupcakes. A festival of sugar!

No comments: