Friday 11 July 2014

Fiesole

As per usual I've tried to cram too many things into our last day. I really wanted to see the town of Fiesole outside Florence. It's an easy bus ride from here. I'd read that you have to get tickets first at the main station so Jack and I walked there after some present shopping and nearly getting lost. We purchased tickets then found out we had to walk to the other side of town. Sigh. Jack is going to be two inches shorter by the time we get home.
Fiesole is and old etruscan town and has an amphitheatre and ruins which Jack really enjoyed.  I think he will like Rome then. The view looking over Florence is breathtaking but hard to photograph as JJ's burger bar and the Ristorante Aurora hog the good vantage points. So here are some photos of ruins instead.








No comments: