Friday 4 July 2014

Up, up and away

For a while I wasn't really living up to my moniker. It's rare but not unheard of to get jetlag heading from Wagga to Sydney or Melbourne. S was contemplating going to a conference in Florence and we were contemplating tagging along but Sam is not a good traveller. He squeals. And wriggles and then he squeals some more. Imagine that on a plane. He has many other great qualities but serenity is not yet one he possesses. So we decided not to go and I was I have to say a little sad. I went to Italy many years ago and felt right at home. Food, food, food and art and music and well, you get the idea. Then my mum suggested she would look after the boys and so the trip was back on without Sam. Jack is an excellent traveller and so was allowed to come. His willingness to try new foods also helped. 

So on Wednesday Jack and I flew to Singapore. Our flight was very good considering we were in the cheap seats. I read a whole book in one sitting (I can't remember the last time I did that). It was my book group book, My Salinger Year and I liked it a lot. It reminded me of when I worked in the glamorous and highly underpaid world of book publishing. I finished just before we landed for which I earned a high five from Jack. Jack watched the Lego movie and entertained himself deciding what he would do first at Changi airport: the butterfly zoo, cactus garden, pool, cinema....

Add caption

No comments: